Friday, November 23, 2012

Cliches are Okay! (sometimes)

I know that this time of year, everyone is stating what they are thankful for, and the day after Thanksgiving, it makes sense. Sometimes, though, cliches are completely welcome.

What I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for all of you who offered kind words and loving support from my last post. On Tuesday, I go to the doctors to see what results have turned up, hopefully there will be some answers and even more hopefully, there will be some easy solutions. Sometimes I forget that admitting your weaknesses is the best way to strengthen friendships. So, thank you all for your love and support.

I'm thankful for The Boyfriend. I know, now this post is cheesy AND cliched. Bear with me, it's going to get a lot cheesier for a little bit. He has been nothing short of amazing through all of my crazy. I believe I have cried at least weekly onto one of shirts. He knows when I'm lying about being okay. He knows how to make me smile again. He knows when I'm freaking out. He loves me despite all of the things I think make me unloveable. We've been together almost 10 months and it's been amazing. I love him like I've never loved anyone else. It's simple.

Okay...the terrible cheesiness is over, back to cliches.

I'm thankful for all of my amazing friends. The ones who give me (and The Boyfriend) places to go for the holidays and invite me into their families (and feed us delicious food, thank you again!). The ones who go on lunch dates with me and get how my brain works. The ones I get to see every day at work. The ones who live far away and I only get to see every once in a while. I've figured out that the friends I have are going to definitely stick around for a while, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm thankful for the apartment The Boyfriend and I have, a place that always feels warm and safe and comfortable. That's also where Fievel is, so there's that.

I'm thankful for my family (the people I'm related to, and the people that have become family by history and friendship), even though I don't see them much. They keep me grounded to my home and where I came from. They are one of the things I'm excited about when I go home.

I'm thankful for my parents. I can say they did a darn good job of raising me. They are the foundation of everything I am and everything I do. They have supported all of my dreams and never told me I wasn't able to do something that I set my mind to. Because of them I'm strong, kind, and creative. I'm glad my parents and I were grouped up in whatever cosmic family building system there is.

I'm thankful I have my fingernails painted like turkeys.

I hope you are all able to list the things you are thankful for and see the wonderful things in your life.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment