Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Results Are In...

Actually they were in a week ago today...but there's been some adjusting and sleeping and working and lifeing that I've been doing instead.

So, Dr. Gregory House MD

Is wrong.

Apparently I have Lupus. Lupus has about a billion different symptoms and degrees of how bad it is, so it's hard to figure out. The only way mine was found was because my platelets (the parts of your blood that help your blood clot) were low enough that doctors needed to figure out why.

The Lupus I have is super mild. It seems to be only affecting my blood mostly. Though, the past 5 days or so, I think I've been in the midst of a flare. A Lupus flare is a period of time when the symptoms get worse, it will go away eventually. My flare seems to be that my muscles, all of them, are sore like I've been lifting weights. It's mostly my back (think a straight line up my spine) and my arms are sore. And I'm tired; but I've been tired for months, so that's hardly noticeable. There's a few other random things, like a lot of canker sores on my tongue and some joint pain.

It's a weird sort of situation where everything has changed, but nothing really has. I started a medication to help calm the Lupus and keep it calm, so other than that, nothing is different. I do have to keep going back to the immune system doctor, but I like her, so that isn't even that terrible. Yeah, it's a little scary, because Lupus can be really bad and damage the kidneys and liver and heart...but all of those organs look just fine for me. Mostly it's just something to keep track of.

Since they've already had one guy with Lupus on House...I guess I'll never be able to be in an episode. Drat.

Moving on...

IT'S DECEMBER!!! I'm so excited for Christmas, it's The Boyfriend's and my first Christmas together. I already have his presents ready...and I'm pretty sure he has mine. And we both know what they are...for the most part. I'm also going back to Minnesota/home for actual Christmas, hopefully there will be snow this year.

Happy Holidays to you all! May you find joy in the lights and the surprises and spending time with your loved ones.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the lupus but I know from experience how helpful it can be, both medically and psychologically, to get a diagnosis of something that's been hard to diagnose. I hope you're able to get it under control and feel a lot better soon.

    As always, I really enjoy your blog. Thanks for the new post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you so much for reading and your kind words.

    The doctor wasn't too worried, which is reassuring, and of all the possible reasons, this one is pretty manageable and mild...so kind of the best possible option if it had to be something.

    It is nice having a diagnosis and a plan and everything, at least for peace of mind.

    Thanks again for reading. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some House. Hate me some Lupus. My mom has it. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Reading your blog definitely does wonders in cheering me up, as well.

      Good luck and healthy days to your mom as well.

      Delete