Monday, September 16, 2013

It's The Comeback, Kid.

You're not mistaken, it has been about two months (to the day) since my last post. Yes, I have completely shattered the idea that I would post once a week. I'm going to try to get back to that, and I swear, for the one person that I know reads Fiction Friday...I won't leave Kent and Violet hanging.

So, here's what's been up.

Ah, man. That opening sequence...gets me every time.

For realz, though.

So, the beginning of August, I was let go from my job. Yeah, came as a total shock to me, too. Like, TOTAL shock. But, looking at it (and with the proper dosage of Paxil) it wasn't the right place for me. I was incredibly stressed out by the office vibes, paranoid, and jumpy. I didn't have the right background to do well, so everything I was doing (thought it was my best) just wasn't enough. It sort of felt like trying to do a simple surgery after studying an anatomy book, watching a few episodes of ER, and being pretty good at the game of "Operation".

So, anyway. That was on a Monday...happy Monday! And I got home, was sad for a bit and then applied to places like The Natural History Museum and Whimsic Alley. I didn't get those jobs, but it was fun to apply. I was officially unemployed for a total of one week. I also suspect that a lot of my "this is a new opportunity, I can do whatever I want" came from the awesomeness that is The Boyfriend. To be all mushy and lovey-gross for a moment; he makes everything better and when I freak out about how I'm going to end up strung out on skid row because I don't have a job...he reminds me to take a Xanax and also that he won't let that happen.

I got a new job as assistant to an owner of an auto body shop, a bit random, I know; but the title also comes with the job description of "writer". Any letters, voicemail messages for the after hours phone number, emails, and memos...I have the opportunity to write for him. It's actually nice being able to use my B.A. in Creative Writing for good use. I'm happier, more relaxed even though I have to deal with more people, and happier. It was one of those situations, where I didn't realize that I wasn't happy until I was somewhere else.

Also, I'm about 4 blocks away from Whimsic Alley.

Lately I have been thinking of blog posts I want to write, random things, as is my style. But I knew I owed you this one, first.

And, I sprained my foot last weekend. I was walking, wearing flats, tripped on an uneven spot of sidewalk, nearly recovered, and then fell completely to the ground. Yes, I'm that graceful and talented.

My mom asked if I fell off my shoes, and that was the reason...again, I was wearing flats. My boss asked what else I was doing besides walking...nothing, just walking.

The x-ray proved it wasn't broken, though it felt like it and a week later it's still sore and bruised. Go me!

That's about 3 days after it happened...yeah.

Anyway, that's about all that's happened. A complete job shift in addition to the usual Lupus temper tantrums (they only last about a day, if I can sleep them off) and the usual Felix mischief. Speaking of, she had a birthday last week, one year old. Now she can grow up and calm the hell down.

I'm not sure if fiction friday will return this week, I've been staying late at work to try and get ahead of the Christmas card project; somewhere in the neighborhood of 9000 cards...yeah. Anyway, things are good, different, but good.

Here's to weekly blog posts again and getting back into the normal routine of life.

So, Halloween is coming up fast...and I've done little other than think about how I want to do a femme version of Alex from A Clockwork Orange.

I think I just want an excuse to wear suspenders, a black bowler, and carry a pimp cane.

Whatevs.

See you next week.

1 comment:

  1. HOOOOOOORRRRRRRAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!

    As your number one fan, I am SO HAPPY you are back! Its good to catch up on your tales, and to read that you are happy.

    BUT, OMG that foot is insane! You are beyond Silly and that's why I LOVE you. Meet up soon, I promise. But I also cant wait for more posts! YEA!!!

    ReplyDelete