Thursday, June 20, 2013

Stressy McStresserson

This week (and the week before) have sort of been a climb to the top of Everest of stress and anxiety for me. Not because I was actually climbing Everest, but just for the mental picture. A lot of it has to do with things at work; feeling under the microscope, incapable, watched, paranoid. It's been exhausting and stressful. I've also had a couple meetings about my work, nothing bad, just going over things, but the anxiety takes that as free reign to jump aboard the 'i'm a failure and a screw up' bandwagon. Awesome, stop.

On top of that, I'm going back to Minnesota next week. Which is great and wonderful, and that always stresses me out and I have a habit of not applying the stress to the activity that is causing it, so things like my pen going missing or the blankets feeling like they are strangling me become the end of the world.

So, next week, you'll get some pics of Minnesota (theoretically) and if there is no post, it's because I'm in Minnesota playing with my friend's baby and living on her farm with the goats. (not, like in the barn with the goats, I'm sure I can stay in the house...but the farm has goats)

I think the point I really knew I was Ms. Stressy McStresserson was when I felt attacked by the messages inside of the Dove chocolate promises that I was eating by the handful in moderation.

It helps if you read the following in the batman voice. You know, The Batman Voice.

The entire message changes when you think of them as threats rather than suggestions.

Thankfully this week is almost over, I appear to have survived thus far, and going back to Minnesota will be relaxing and good and nice.

I'm going to go and buy some non-threatening chocolate...or maybe ice cream. Ice cream never tried to give me life advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment